Block bad IPs with Peerblock (free) and free VPN HotspotShield to change IP
1) Download HotspotShield (free). This is a VPN, it will mask your IP address to keep you safe from prying and spying eyes. hotspotshield.com
WARNING!!!: DO NOT INSTALL THE TORRENT ELITE VERSION!
Reasons to NOT INSTALL the torrented Elite version:
* It contains dangerous MALWARE called fbw.exe, READ MORE about fbw MALWARE (link is blocked by some antivirus because it contains the name of the virus)
* It does NOT enable you to use other servers, like the REAL version does.
* You don't know if you can trust the IP address, the hacker might have
routed you through his servers to steal your personal data like
passwords, credit cards, etc.
* The FREE version does all the same things, and if you use Adblock Plus for Chrome or Firefox then there are NO ADS! :)
2) Install and run HotspotShield.
3) Go to whatismyip.com or some similar ip site to find your ip.
4) Take note of your new IP and save it somewhere (or keep the page open) so you can remember it; you will need this later.
5) Download PeerBlock (free). This will block any and all known
malicious IPs (based on lists of IPs), such as spammers, scammers,
hackers, ISPs, Copyright protection companies, etc etc. peerblock.com
6) Install and run PeerBlock.
7) Click on List Manager button
8) Click Add button and add all the lists
9) All the lists aren't there, there are more at iblocklists.com
10) Copy each URL you want (I did all of them individually, took awhile but worth it)
11) Go back in Peerblock and click List Manager and Add again, this time
type a description and paste the URL. Remove the trailing letters and
symbols like this:
URL you copied: http://list.iblocklist.com/?list=electronicarts&fileformat=p2p&archiveformat=zip
URL you want to paste into there: http://list.iblocklist.com/?list=electronicarts
12a) After you did it for all the lists you wanted, now you need to
ALLOW your HotspotShield range of IPs, otherwise it will block
12b) So now view your IP from before, it was on that page in STEP 3 (above)
12c) Now open up Peerblock, enter a description like "Allowing Hotspotshield" or whatever you want.
12d) create a BLANK FILE named like "hotspotshieldallow.p2p" (without
quotes) or whatever you want to name it. I recommend to save it in the
12e) Now click Browse and find that file.
12f) Under Type click the Allow radio button.
12g) Click OK button
12i) Next, in List Manager, click on the hotspotshield.p2p list you just
created (don't doubleclick!) and click the button "View". Now you see
your IP you made, and next to it in columns Starting IP and Ending IP
you see zeros. Click each box, and add the first THREE SECTIONS of your
IP number like your IP shows, BUT in the FOURTH SECTION, do like in the
picture below, a 0 for Starting IP and 255 for Ending IP.
Ok now Peerblock won't kick you out of HotspotShield!
If Peerblock ever kicks you out of HotspotShield again, just follow at
the steps above in STEP 12 (12a through 12i) to whitelist your
CONGRATULATIONS! YOU NOW HAVE SAFER INTERNET!!! :D
YOU ARE NEVER A 100 PER CENT SAFE ON THE INTERNET
THIS WILL JUST HELP
YOU BE SAFER WHILST DOING IT
SO DONT COME WHINING AND COMPLAINING TO ME IF YOU GET CAUGHT DOING SOMETHING ILLEGAL