- Mix equal quantities of glycerin and rose water. Store this
excellent dry skin lotion in a clean bottle and apply it on dry facial
skin or skin of hands and feet whenever required. It is best to be
applied after having bath for those who suffer from excessive dry skin.
Always shake the bottle before use as glycerin settles down at the
bottom of bottle (Mix lemon juice to this mixture if you have a mixed
type of skin having combination of oily and dry skin).
- Mix equal quantities of petroleum jelly and glycerin and apply it on
your dry skin of face and body and keep it overnight.
- Mix equal quantities of petroleum jelly, vitamin E oil and glycerin.
Apply for half an hour over face and body before taking shower.
- Take plain water and glycerin in the ratio of 10:1 and apply it on
your dry skin of hand and feet before going to the bed. This will give
you soft skin in a few days.
- For having a special hand wash soap, mix glycerin with your liquid
soap and fill it in a bottle. Wash your hands with this soap to avoid
dry skin on hand.
- Take 1 tsp each of egg yolk, rose water, lime juice, olive oil and
orange juice and mix them thoroughly. Apply this smooth home made dry
skin lotion to your face in the morning and wash it off after 20
- Make a face mask by mixing honey, egg, olive oil and rose water and
use it as dry skin facial mask.
- Get ayurvedic massage with herbal oil (made with vata balancing
herbs). It is good to have daily body massage for people with dry skin
but if that is not possible, take such massages at least once a week.
- Lavender oil and sandalwood oil are also good for dry skin for their
soothing and cool effects. A few drops of these oils can be used in
- Mix glycerin, castor oil and rose water with 1 tbsp of 'malai' or
milk cream. Apply this mixture on face, neck and on hands before going
to bed. Wash it off with water in morning. This keeps dry skin hydrated
during the day.
- Mix ground almonds, honey and malai (milk cream) and apply the
mixture at least twice a week and keep it for half an hour.
- Mix 1/4th cup yogurt, 1tsp honey and 1tbsp milk powder. Apply on face
for 10 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
Herbs for Dry Skin
herb for all skin types and not only for dry skin treatment. It has been
used since ages for wounds, minor burns, and itchy skin treatments. The
leaves of aloe vera plant contains about 96% of water and other active
ingredients like essential oil, amino acids, minerals, vitamins, enzymes and glycoproteins. All these ingredients help in providing natural glow to the skin and in retaining moisture of the dry skin even in harsh climates. Aloe vera gel directly taken from the crushed leaves can be applied on face and body.
properties. As such, it is used for treating most of the skin problems
including eczema, rashes, itchy dry skin etc. Tie one or half cup fresh
or dried chamomile herb in a cloth bag and put it in tub water. Allow it to get soaked for ten minutes before having bath.